It’s Holy Week, the time of year when most businesses are closed. For the second consecutive year it’s Holy Week and ECQ at the same time, so there are even less open establishments. Since I don’t want to go searching for ingredients, I order mostly ready-to-eat, ready-to-cook, or ready-to-heat food. But which purveyors are open in the 2021 edition of Holy Week + ECQ? I did a survey on FB and IG to come up with this list of those accepting orders from Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday.
Took this photo of my favorite Rolled Sapin-Sapin from Kakanin Kusina, my go-to for kakanin. They also have pure galapong puto, palitaw, suman, etc. Yes, they’re open this entire Holy Week!
Below is the list. Food purveyors I’ve already tried have either blog post links, descriptions, or recommendations. Those with just the name and social media link are those I haven’t tried yet.
- Panciteria San Jacinto – Love their Lechon Macau, Lumpiang Shanghai, Pancit Canton, Asado, and Sweet and Sour Meatballs. Pero halos lahat masarap eh na-order na namin 75% ng menu nila lol.
- Salmon HQ (see photo above) – They specialize in salmon sashimi — fresh, good quality, and reasonably priced. But they also have dishes like Seafood Wafu Pasta, Soft Shell Crab Sushi Bake, and Premium Salmon Cake. We’ve tried most of their offerings and everything’s good!
- The Humble Chef – Classic Chinese comfort food, always fresh and delicious. My faves are the Hong Ma and Cha Misua.
- MisoGood Butter – Freshly made miso butter for cooking, spreading, etc. Instant dash of umami for just about everyrhing.
- Dishes by Boo – Love their Spicy Lemon Shrimp Linguine and Kimchi Fried Rice!
- Tarts Tita – Really good egg tarts, even better than Lord Stowe’s for me. They also have other baked goods.
- Brooklyn’s New York Pizza – Good pizza and wings!
- Kat’s Happy Food – Healthy and delicious pound cakes! Comes in all kinds of unique flavors.
- Boulangerie 22 – Delicious and good quality baked goods. They have breads, cakes, cookies, French macarons, and a lot more.
- Didi Bakes Focaccia – Freshly baked focaccia bread on order. Better than store-bought, lots of yummy flavors.
- Bar Dough – They offer fresh and delicious vegetarian lasagna trays. They have yummy NY-style cookies too.
- BLK 513 – My favorite frozen yogurt! They also have baked goods and shakes.
- Whisk Asian Bistro Cafe
- Casa Ayalde
- Machang House
- Mom & Pop’s Family Recipes
- Puto Filipino
- Lola Mamang Catering Services
- Real Girl Toy Kitchen
- The Weekend Taguig
- Soledad Pancit Malabon
- Yao’s Kitchen
- Hangry Buddies
- Boy & Nita Ihaw-Ihaw
- Organic Cashew Nuts
- Yummy Tribe PH
- Otter Breads
- Momster Kitchen
- Spread Happiness
- Homemade Bibingka Latik
- Kitchen City Frozen Meals – They have the most extensive menu of good quality ready-to-heat frozen food. Very convenient and reasonably priced, they deliver everywhere too!
- Mama Bears Homemade – Really good frozen tapa that’s very easy to cook at home.
- Smoke ‘n Sweets – Delicious frozen ready-to-heat meals! The menu changes every week but everything we’ve tried is great. My favorites: Seafood Chowder, Beef Bourguignon, and Thai Green Chicken Curry.
- Fish ‘n Chix
- Flip ‘n Fry
- Surf and Steak
- Miko Mart
- North Meats South
- Mowmows Steak
- FRNK Milk Bar – Really delicious blended milk drinks!
- Cultur’d Kombucha – Wow, the best-tasting kombucha I’ve ever had! Kind of addictive actually.
- Make Your Own Cafe – MYO
- Sinalco Philippines
Most of those I’ve listed here are small businesses who remain operational throughout Holy Week x ECQ. Hope this Holy Week food delivery list is helpful!
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: