If there’s one skincare product we all can’t be without, it’s sunscreen. Given that we live in a tropical, mostly sunny country, we really need it! The sun’s rays are harmful and can cause a lot of skin problems including premature aging. It’s best to be protected before stepping out.
The newest sunscreen I’ve had the pleasure of being introduced to is Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway (P480). It’s got SPF 50+ PA++++ so you can be assured of sufficient protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
The Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is formulated with Damask rose extracts which moisturize and smoothen skin. Then there’s their trademark micro powder barrier that absorbs excess oil. Meanwhile, hyaluronic acid ensures skin is hydrated throughout.
I love the thin, water-like consistency. It’s super lightweight so its perfect for our humid climate.
It spreads easily and dries fast.
It’s absorbed into the skin before you know it — no abnormal white cast. Pretty much gone before you know it!
I love how Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway leaves my skin feeling petal soft, smooth, and matte.
What I like about the Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway:
- It’s super lightweight so it’s easy to apply and forget you have anything on.
- It leaves skin soft, smooth, and matte as I’ve mentioned.
- There’s absolutely no sticky or heavy feeling.
- The subtle rose scent is quite refreshing.
- It’s reasonably priced at P480 for 55ml.
- There’s no white cast after application so it shouldn’t affect your makeup application.
- Moisturizes and controls oil at the same time — pretty amazing!
Downside? It doesn’t seem to be waterproof so you might need another sunscreen if you’re doing water sports or going to the beach.
The Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is available exclusively at Althea. Have you tried shopping at Althea? I have a 20% off voucher you can use HERE — maximum discount is P200, so you can make the most of it if you order P1,200+ worth of items! Need a matching powder? Check out the Althea Petal Velvet Powder.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: