Uniqlo is a brand that my kids use a lot. I buy their shirts, pajamas, jackets, pants, thermal stuff for travel, and even socks and underwear from Uniqlo. I love how Uniqlo covers all the basics. The price point is reasonable, in fact it’s priced similarly to local brands. The best part is, the products are always of good quality.
We had an intimate lunch with Uniqlo Philippines COO Katsumi Kubota at Magnum Cafe in SM Aura. He talked about the 5 principles behind Uniqlo’s kids’ line:
- Designs lets kids move freely — made of stretchy materials which retain their form after washing.
- Materials designed for comfort — in the summer we have Airism to keep us cool, during the colder months we have Heattech to keep us warm. These are just but two technologies from Uniqlo.
- Made for easier removal — zippers are easy to pull, waistbands are elastic, etc.
- Fun designs for kids — lots of colors and even popular characters from Disney, Sanrio, etc.
- Safe — kids’ clothes have name tags, safety reflectors, and zipper guards. They also pass the Oeko-Tex Criteria which tests if there are substances used that are harmful to the human body. It also ensures that clothes are gentle on the skin.
After lunch we proceeded to the Uniqlo store at SM Aura to check out the Uniqlo Kids Fall Winter 2014 Collection.
I love how the clothes are not exaggeratedly thick so they can be used here in the Philippines. You can layer Heattech pieces for more warmth if you are travelling to somewhere cold.
Here are more Uniqlo Kids and Baby Fall Winter 2014 pieces. I snapped these photos from the fashion show held several days after our SM Aura session.
I wonder what boots they’re wearing, that’s about the only thing I can’t buy at Uniqlo — footwear!
Kubota-san said you can enjoy wearing winter-style clothes in Manila by removing layers, for instance, instead of wearing a shirt and a long-sleeved top together (see above), wear only either the shirt or the long-sleeved top.
To find a Uniqlo store near you, log on to http://www.uniqlo.com/ph/. There are 18 stores and counting (a few more are set to open before 2014 ends!). I’m most excited about the one in Robinsons Magnolia which I heard will open January 2015.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: