One of the most important things I have in my possession is a portable hard drive for back-up purposes. Since I don’t have a CD drive anymore, I keep all my files, photos, and other data in it.
My favorite has always been Western Digital’s My Passport Portable Storage, so when I was asked to review their fastest and most high-tech model (I get to keep it afterwards yippekayay!), I immediately agreed. A girl can never have enough storage after all.
I bought my WD My Passport Essential 1TB back in 2011 and I’ve been very happy with it. In fact, I’m still using it to this day.
The other end is a standard USB plug, but it’s actually USB 3.0 so its default transfer mode is “SuperSpeed”. You’ll know it’s USB 3.0 when the port color is blue or if the initials SS are there. It’s capable of transferring up to 5GB per second, but that also depends on what’s connected to it.
I immediately put it to the test, I tried transferring some files from my Samsung laptop.
When you plug in your drive to the computer, it lights up to let you know it’s connected.
- It’s small, powerful, and lightweight plus it can accommodate up to 2 TBs worth of data.
- It comes in four colors and it’s available in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities.
- It’s covered by a 3-year warranty.
- Automatic and cloud back-up software helps protect your content from loss.
WD My Passport Ultra pricing are as follows:
- WD My Passport Ultra 500GB – P3,390.
- WD My Passport Ultra 1TB – P4,290
- WD My Passport Ultra 2TB – P7,290
If you buy a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable Storage from PCWorx from now until Dec. 31, 2013, you have a chance to win either a Samsung 16MP Galaxy Camera, a Canon Ixus 140 16MP Camera, or a Canon Ixus 95IS 10MP Camera. Log on to http://www.pcworx.ph/index.php for more details.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: