When it comes to makeup, I can live without eye shadows but I must have my eyeliner(s). I think I’ve used up more eyeliners compared to all other makeup products.
That said, I’m always excited to try out eyeliners I haven’t tried before. One such eyeliner is the Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen. Pixi by Petra is a UK cosmetics brand launched over a decade ago by a woman named Petra Strand. Her aim was to “make women look like themselves, only better”. Fans of the brand include celebs like Oprah Winfrey and Helena Christensen.
Here’s a swatch. It’s a metallic brown color. I was impressed by how smooth and pigmented the pencil was.
Aiming for a natural or smokey effect? It’s very blendable so you can achieve your desired look with ease.
Anyhow, here’s how the eyeliner looks on my upper lid. It glides on your eyelids like a dream, making the whole task of lining your eyes a lot easier.
I tried blending with a bullet brush. It made the liner’s metallic bronze shade pop out more.
Wow, this liner makes eye shadow totally unnecessary for a complete eye look. I just added black liquid liner and mascara and voila, I’m good to go! I love it!
You know how I always prefer clean and natural makeup looks… well, this pencil is actually perfect for that. It emphasized my eyes nicely. For the above look I used the following products:
- H2O+ Face Oasis CC Cream in Fair / Light
- K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Mascara in 102 Natural Brown
- Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen in Bronze Beam
- Etude House Play 101 Pencil #10
- Revlon Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black
- K-Palette 1 Day Lash Perm Volume Curl Mascara
- Shiseido Sheer Eye Corrector in 103 Natural
- Pixi by Petra Sheer Cheek Gel in Flushed (Review soon!)
- Tonymoly Kiss Lover Lip Master in Festival Pink
What I like about Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen:
- It’s highly pigmented. You don’t have to keep drawing and redrawing to layer the color. One line is enough so your pencil will last long.
- It’s blendable so it can actually work like a cream eye shadow, adding to its versatility.
- It glides on very smoothly — it doesn’t tug or pull on your lids.
- It comes in 5 lovely shades.
- I find it reasonably priced at P740 per pencil given the excellent quality that’s comparable to more expensive brands.
- It’s waterproof but it’s not hard to remove.
Downside? None really. Well, some may find the price a bit high since it’s definitely above the typical drugstore variety pencil, but it’s money well spent given how great this product is. To date, this is the best creamy pencil I’ve tried.
Pixi by Petra products are available online at http://www.glamourbox.ph/. They are also sold at the following outlets:
- Purebeauty Serendra
- Purebeauty Trinoma
- Purebeauty Alabang Town Center
- Purebeauty Glorietta
- Common Thread Greenbelt 5
- Common Thread Rockwell
- Snoe Robinson’s Galleria
- Snoe Robinson’s Dasmarinas
- Snoe Market Market Taguig
- Snoe SM Hypermart Pasig
- Snoe SM Valenzuela
- Snoe SM Sucat
- Snoe SM Muntinlupa
- Snoe SM Sta. Rosa
- Snoe SM Center Las Pinas
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: