Vaseline joins the K-Beauty craze with its latest offering — the Vaseline Lip Therapy Balm Stick! This Korean made lip treatment lets you achieve jelly lips with just one swipe. You read right — this is made in Korea.
I’ve tried looking online (Shopee, Lazada, Zalora, BeautyMnl) and it seems that this isn’t being sold yet. I also tried checking drug stores and department stores — no sightings yet. I expect this to have an SRP of anywhere from P99 to P125, much like its jelly counterpart.
Vaseline Lip Therapy Balm Stick comes in 4 variants: Original, Aloe Vera, Cocoa Butter, and Rosy Lips.
So according to the product blurbs, these are each variant’s key features:
- Original – Loaded with petroleum jelly and Vitamin E, this is recommended for those who want their lip balm fuss-free. Translation: Men can carry this around and not feel like they are being girly.
- Aloe Vera – Instantly soothes because of aloe vera extract, perfect if you want soft and hydrated lips.
- Cocoa Butter – Petroleum jelly, cocoa, and shea butter give this variant a dessert-y scent and um… taste? If you like vanilla and chocolate or beauty products that remind you of food, go for this one.
- Rosy Lips – Almond and rose oil are the extra ingredients in this variant. It also gives lips a pinkish glow. You can use this alone or over lipstick.
Since I like color on my lips, I started using the Rosy Lips variant. Can I just say I like it a lot? I like it better than the Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips in the tiny jar because this one is a lot easier to apply. I have to use cotton buds for the jar version so it’s an extra step, plus it yields extra trash. Don’t know about the pinkish glow, but I like how it looks on my lips even without lipstick.
Vaseline Lip Therapy Balm Stick in Rosy Lips is definitely my preferred variant.
What I like about Vaseline Lip Therapy Balm Stick:
- It’s easier to use than petroleum jelly in a jar. Just swipe and you’re good to go.
- There is no sticky feel at all.
- No mess, no fuss, and easy to bring around in my bag.
- It has a yummy, candy-like scent.
- It glides on like a dream.
- Very effective — my super dry lips were instantly smooth and moisturized.
Downside? There is none. This is definitely one of the better lip balms I’ve tried. Although I haven’t yet seen this product around, I’m pretty sure it’s going to make an appearance online and in retail stores where Vaseline is sold soon.
Want to win a Vaseline Lip Therapy product along with almost P2k worth of products from Unilever? Join my Facebook Giveaway!
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: