I got a pair of Urbanears Medis earphones for review before the Holy Week. I’ve been so swamped in blog backlogs and other tasks that it’s only now that I got the chance to really experience them.
I like the simple, square packaging which reminds me of a video game box.
Unboxing it is pretty exciting because you uncover separate puzzle-like compartments.
The Urbanears Medis comes in 13 different colors, the pair I’m reviewing is in Sage.
The earpieces sport a very unique shape. I couldn’t quite figure out how to wear them at first but once I did they were pretty comfy. It employs Urbanears’ unique EarClick Construction for a perfect fit.
It comes with a standard connector which fits the earphones slot of your cellphone, music player, computer, etc.
Different sizes of pads are also packed with the earphones. Medium is pre-installed but you can change to Small, Large, and Extra Large. They’re contained in separate packets.
There’s also a Neutral Stereo Plug you can use for older mobile phones in case you encounter sound interference.
I tried listening to music from my Samsung Galaxy S2.
I thought the sound quality was okay although nothing special.
What I thought of Urbanears Medis:
- The design and packaging looks very cool and cutting edge.
- I like that there are a lot of colors to choose from and it’s actually fashionable.
- Sound quality is average. You probably would not be impressed if you’re a music enthusiast. A casual listener might find it okay though.
- There’s a microphone attached on the wire so you can actually use it to converse.
- The fit is customizable thanks to the extra ear pads.
- I like the fabric cord which doesn’t twist and tangle easily.
- It’s not very sensitive as you need more volume to listen properly compared to the iPod’s default earphones.
- It’s pricey at P2,450.
Urbanears Medis earphones are available at Beyond The Box, Digital Walker, Digital Hub, Power Mac Center, and Astrovision.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE
Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric’s World.