With no end to the ongoing pandemic in sight, more and more MSMEs (Micro- Small- Medium- sized Enterprises) have sprouted as people shift to home-based businesses. PayMaya launched the Sulong Negosyo campaign which announced product, programs, and partnership support worth up to P60 million to help jumpstart the recovery and growth of MSMEs aided by cashless and contactless payments.
Based on recent figures from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), an estimated 90,000 businesses remain closed and over 200,000 workers have permanently lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which belong to the MSME sector.
In the recent 2020 Global Entrepreneurship Survey conducted by Go Daddy, 1 in 3 Filipinos started a micro business during the pandemic, becoming home-based entrepreneurs. Products and services are offered online via social media or chat apps.
PayMaya is providing various cashless tools for MSMEs such as:
- PayMaya QR – QR codes that can easily be shared via social media or chat apps or displayed for face-to-face transactions, allowing sellers to receive instant payments from PayMaya users.
- PayMaya Payment Links – These help MSMEs that do not have established e-Commerce stores by letting them generate links which they can send to their customers for payment. Once clicked, customers will be led to their own PayMaya payment page where they can pay using their PayMaya account or Visa, Mastercard, and JCB credit or debit cards.
- PayMaya Checkout Plugins – For MSMEs operating online stores powered by Shopify, Magento, or WooCommerce. This allows for quick and easier integration of the PayMaya Checkout payment gateway without the need for advanced coding knowledge or experience.
MSMEs interested in these solutions can easily sign up and upload their requirements by using the new PayMaya Business Manager at http://pymy.co/BeAMerchant or by downloading the PayMaya Negosyo app from the Google Play Store.
To help encourage more MSMEs to go digital and cashless, PayMaya has also launched its PayMaya Negosyante Rewards program, providing benefits to members such as:
- Exclusive rewards to merchants whenever they accept cashless payments through various PayMaya products and solutions.
- Free advertisements and marketing tools to help promote their products and services online through PayMaya’s various digital properties and within the PayMaya app.
- Free livelihood trainings and online courses with industry experts to help them gain business and digital skills to prepare them for the New Normal.
Aside from this, MSMEs can also augment their income by operating as a Smart Padala/PayMaya Negosyo agent in their physical stores. They can process remittances, accept bills payments, and sell mobile prepaid load, among others.
Those interested to join the PayMaya Negosyante Rewards program can visit pymy.co/Negosyante to sign up today.
I love how PayMaya sent us all goodies from Oh Em Gie, a small business that uses PayMaya to accept payments. Their muffins are really really good, with flavors like Pina Colada, S’mores, Peaches and Cinnamon, Cookies and Cream, White Chocolate and Rose, and Peanut Butter with Choco.
Do you have a small business? Check out PayMaya’s Sulong Negosyo programs now! 😀
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: