In lieu of my usual BB Cream or CC Cream, I used foundation today — Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse to be exact. A lot of readers have been asking for a review of this product and so I decided to give it a test run.
I got two shades of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse from the Maybelline Dream Perfection Launch a few months ago, 3.5 Nude Beige and 4 Sandy Beige.
I went with 3.5 Nude Beige because I felt the other shade was too dark for me. I think one shade lighter than this (that would be 3 Nude) would be better for me though.
Anyway, this one blended with the skin on my hand… problem is, my face is a bit lighter than my hand.
Here are my photos before and after applying Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. In the before photo on the left, I had just washed my face and applied my usual Laneige skin care products.
Applying foundation instantly gives you a more composed look. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse is so light and spreadable I just used my fingers to apply it. This photo was taken a little before 10am this morning. My face is a tad darker than my neck.
This photo was taken at around 4:30pm, over 6 hours after I applied Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. Of course it doesn’t look quite as fresh as it did earlier but then I had been in places with no air-conditioning beforehand so I’d have to say not bad.
What I like about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse:
- I love its super light and smooth consistency. It’s incredibly easy to apply because it spreads on your skin like a dream. I believe it’s even easier to apply than BB Cream because it’s so spreadable.
- It’s easy to forget you’re wearing anything on your face because it’s so lightweight.
- It dries to a matte finish and it looks natural.
- There are six shades available.
- Coverage is pretty good for something so light. Visible pores and blemishes practically disappear. I actually have a pimple on my forehead but you don’t see it, lol.
- It’s reasonably priced at P599 per bottle.
Downside? Well unlike most BBs or CCs, this doesn’t have SPF so you will need to put on a separate sunscreen underneath if you’re using it during the day.
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse is available for P599 a bottle at leading department stores and drugstores nationwide.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: