Although powder foundation is quick, convenient, and easier to use compared to liquids and creams, I’ve never been too fond of powder. At my age, I find that most powders make my face look dry and well… old, lol. Looking old is a no-no for me because I’m vain like that. This is where Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation (P1,299) comes in.
Anyhow, I was given Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation in 01 Soft Beige (the lightest shade among 3 available) for review some time ago. Now the liquid version of this is one of my favorite products so I was curious as to how the powder version would measure up. I super love the sleek pastel-colored packaging. I asked the HS team if it can be used alone or if I have to layer it on top of another product and they told me it can be used alone. Good — I don’t like too many layers especially if it’s just a regular day.
I noticed this compact’s mirror is bigger compared to most.
It comes with a sponge for application. The powder looks kind of dark when you take a swipe but it easily blended onto my skin when I actually patted it on.
So anyway, my bare face is on the photo above left — I had just washed and moisturized so it looks dewy. The photo above right was taken after applying Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation and a few other products (eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, cheek tint, and lippie). See how light-colored the powder turned out to be?
So anyway, the true test of a powder foundation is how it stays on. The photo above right was taken over 6 hours after my initial application, no retouch. My face was dewy but not greasy or oily and it never looked cakey at anytime.
What I like about Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation:
- It’s super easy to use! Just take the sponge, take a swipe of powder, and apply evenly all over your face. Blend, blend, blend. No mess, no fuss.
- It brightens my face instantly.
- It feels light on the face and it’s easy to forget you have it on.
- It doesn’t look powdery or cakey when applied.
- It minimizes pores — wow I look poreless even without primer!
- Coverage is adjustable and can go from light to medium-heavy.
- Looks fresh even after over 6 hours of wear.
- It’s an excellent alternative to the Bobbi Brown Extra Bright Powder Compact Foundation SPF 25 I reviewed some time ago as it’s around half the price.
Downside? It’s definitely more costly compared to drugstore-level cosmetics at P1,299 but it’s comparable to higher-end products that cost a lot more.
Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation is available at at Rustans Department Store, Beauty Bar, and Plains & Prints for P1,299. No time to shop? You can also buy online at http://store.happyskincosmetics.com/.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: