This entire summer (specifically the months of April, May, and now June), I did not use BB Cream nor CC Cream. I really didn’t… I used the Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener.
Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener SPF 36 PA+++ (P2,750)
I discovered the Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener during the Shiseido International Beauty Fair 2015 earlier this year. We were told it’s a multi-functional product — it works as a primer, facial sunscreen, luminizer, and moisturizer so it’s both a makeup product and a skin care product. Since it belongs to Shiseido’s White Lucent line, it also has the ability to diminish dark spots and even out the skin tone.
The Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener comes in a 50ml tube.
The tube is actually sealed, I just peeled off the foil.
Yes, it comes out white. It’s not tinted or colored in any way.
When you spread it onto your skin you just get a sheer shimmery glowing effect, no coverage.
That said, don’t expect this to go on like BB Cream or foundation. It won’t. It will brighten, moisturize, and protect your skin from the sun but it won’t cover or conceal anything. So what I do is apply a bit of powder on top of the brightener (I use Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation).
I really really love this product and I’ve been using it in place of BB and CC Cream. In fact, it’s what I brought and used during my entire Japan trip. Update: Since a lot of you are asking what products (aside from the Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener and Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation) I used to achieve the look in my after photo, I am listing them here:
- Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Browcara in 02 Light Brown
- L’oreal Paris Super Liner Ultra Sharp in Black
- Etude House Play 101 Pencil #10
- Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara Mascara
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Jewelry Eye Color in 03 Pink Amethyst
- Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lip and Cheek Mousse in The Morning After
What I like about Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener SPF 36 PA+++:
- It’s lightweight and it glides on smoothly when you apply it. It feels quite cool on the face too. The summer months are so hot I prefer not to pile on heavy makeup so this is perfect.
- There’s no sticky feeling.
- There’s an immediate glow after application.
- It goes well with powder, the powder doesn’t cake when you pat it on top of the brightener.
- It’s got SPF 36 PA+++ so your face is protected from the sun.
- It has skin care benefits — it moisturizes, evens out the skin tone, and improves skin texture so prolonged/continuous use is good for the skin.
- I like the light, unobtrusive scent.
- It’s good for ALL skin tones — light, medium, and dark because it has no tint. It just gives you a glow after application.
Downside? I admit it’s priced higher than the normal BB or CC Cream at P2,750 but I really think it’s worth it. I will most probably repurchase when this tube runs out. I have no complaints with regards to the product itself, I really love it and it’s way up there with my favorite things.
Shiseido White Lucent All Day Brightener is available for P2,750 at Shiseido boutiques and counters (Glorietta, Greenbelt, Trinoma, Powerplant, Alabang Town Center, Lucky Chinatown Mall, Shangrila Mall, Greenhills Shopping Center, Eastwood Mall, Landmark Makati, SM Makati, SM Megamall, SM Mall of Asia, SM North Edsa, Landmark Trinoma, Century City Mall, Robinson’s Galleria, Robinson’s Place Ermita, Ayala Center Cebu, Abreeza, SM Cebu, SM Clark).
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: