Many people have the impression that bloggers are free-wheeling individuals who have tons of spare time to hop from one event to another. Well, I’m sure there are people who fit that description but then there are even more who don’t.
In my case, it’s something like this:
- I work in my husband’s family business, and believe it or not the sked is Monday to Saturday, 8am-5pm. I also manage our real estate investments.
- I write for at least four magazines — Working Mom, Moms Today, Health Today, and Good Housekeeping… sometimes more. See, writing is what I really want to do so write I must!
- I am a hands-on mom to my kids. I tutor them myself in English, Filipino, and Chinese. I am proud to say both of them are honor students. I take them to school every morning so no matter how late I sleep I wake up at 6am every single weekday.
- I take care of chores like bill payments and grocery shopping.
- I blog… and the result of that is pretty much what you see on this site.
Would you believe that for every event I attend, there are even more that I decline? I can’t always be out during office hours. Once in a while is fine, but I can’t make a habit of it. Sometimes I can’t leave during evenings because I have to tutor my kids. And there are also times when an event invitation, no matter how tempting, coincides with a school activity or program… like this recent invitation I got for a day in Corregidor. Heck, I’ve never been to Corregidor! It’s one of those events I really want to attend, which unfortunately takes place on the same day as my daughter’s culmination program in school… if you’re a mom like me, you probably know what my decision is. Family first you know.