I know I’ve been throwing Christmas gift suggestions around in my posts (Green Cheese Cheesecakes, Scout’s Honor Cookies, etc.) but this is actually only my second holiday gift idea post, lol! Sorry I couldn’t stick to the daily gift idea post commitment. I’ve been so exhausted these past few days I fell asleep in my work clothes by 7pm last Friday and woke up 6am Saturday.
Anyhow, let me tell you about Laneige’s holiday launch. I attended the SM Aura leg and got to meet Laneige International Trainer Cat Koh, who flew in from Korea. She did a makeup demo using Laneige’s holiday palette.
Anyhow she patted on BB Cream which served as foundation on the model and well, she asked us what we thought was the most requested makeup look in Korea and in other countries she had gone to. You know what? Everybody wanted to look YOUNG. Younger. Gone are the days when women want to put on make up to look more mature. Everyone wants to be young and fresh.
And so began Cat Koh’s demo focusing on a youthful holiday look that would make one look younger. Here are the things she shared with us:
- Light pastel colors like pink are the in thing when it comes to eye shadows in Korea. Thus, she used pink on the model’s lids to demonstrate. Light and bright colors are more youthful after all. She said they would even match their eye shadows to their nail polishes there.
- Eyebrows are drawn short and straight. Say no to the kontrabida eyebrow arch if you want to look young. Check out the model above. Her left eyebrow was filled in by Cat the Korean way (short and straight and kinda thick — google Song Hye Kyo if you want an eyebrow peg). Her right eyebrow was left as is.
- Use complementary colors on the eyes, cheeks, and lips. Pink eyes mean pink cheeks and pink lips.
- Don’t skimp on the skincare so your skin always looks smooth and moisturized. Makeup goes on better on moisturized skin too.
- Use illuminating products that give your face a glow.
- Skip the heavy and thick eyeliner. Use ark eyeliner to just cover the gaps in between your eyelashes and stick close to the lashline, extending just a bit to lengthen the eyes.
- Curl the lashes and apply mascara. She said that chunky lashes are the in thing in Korea, meaning long, dark, thick, and curled very well (in short, doll-like).
Here she let us compare the made up and the bare half faces. I love how she did the makeup!
OMG I bombarded Cat with skin care, makeup, and product questions hahaha! I asked her to recommend a skin care and makeup products for me and bought it all the next day in Laneige Robinsons Magnolia where there was a special sale hahaha! She’s so nice and accommodating. I’m so thankful to my friends at Laneige Philippines for the opportunity!
I was so surprised when the Laneige folks announced that everyone who attended the launch would get a Laneige Sparkling Party Holiday Makeup Set worth P1,650!
I unboxed it right away when I got home. Inside the box was a silver and white purse.
Open the purse and voila! It’s a complete holiday makeup kit comprised of the following products:
- Water Drop Tint 4ml x 2 in Neon Pink and Raspberry Pink
- Sparkling Glitter Nails 4ml x 2 in Golden Bubble and Pink Wine
- Sparkling Dust Eyes in Pink Dust and Gold Dust
I tried to apply what I learned from Cat Koh for a Christmas party I attended and well, I do think I look younger than my usual self, lol!
- I used only CC cream, I skipped the thicker BB cream and foundation.
- I filled in my eyebrows and tried to make them straighter than usual.
- I used light and sparkly eye shadow, pink tint on my cheeks, and light pink lipstick from Laneige’s 2013 holiday collection lol!
- I applied shimmery powder to highlight parts of my face.
The Laneige Sparkling Party Holiday Makeup Set is available for P1,650 at all Laneige boutiques. Log on to Laneige Philippines on Facebook for a complete list of stores.
The Laneige Sparkling Party Holiday Makeup Set makes a great gift since it’s already complete — eye shadow, lip and cheek tints, nail polish too! It’s very reasonably priced since you 5 separate products for P1,650 plus it comes with a fab purse so you can tote them around in style. It’s the perfect gift for Korean beauty enthusiasts… or better yet, gift it to yourself! I know I would’ve if Laneige Philippines hadn’t given me a set lol!
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: