As people become more and more conscious about what they buy, a brand’s core values is starting to be considered by consumers everywhere. Is it eco-friendly? Inclusive? Sustainable? Thus Unilever, one of the leading global corporations, has been reinforcing positive action across its brands in recent years. In the Philippines, the company’s Beauty and Personal Care Category which houses brands like Cream Silk, Pond’s, Lifebuoy, Closeup, and Love Beauty and Planet unveils its renewed purpose called Yes to Positive Beauty. This is a commitment to bring about positive change through real actions – to do more good, not just less harm, for people and the planet.
As the beginning of their commitment towards doing more good, Unilever Philippines identifies four key pillars of purpose:
- Yes to health and well-being – Partnering with the Philippine Public Health Association, Unilever launched the Hygiene 101 campaign through its brands Lifebuoy and CloseUp. It’s a digital information drive which equips Filipinos with 101 hygiene practices to live by.
- Yes to equal opportunities – One example of this is Cream Silk’s partnership with edukasyon.ph to provide Filipinas with the tools they need to be ready for the next opportunity. They launched the #ConditionedForGreater Online Academy which offers a series of one-hour certificate courses for skills needed to land a new job.
- Yes to beauty inclusivity – Dove has continued to create safe spaces that embrace all forms of beauty. Pond’s is veering away from skin whitening and is empowering Filipinas to love and care for their skin.
- Yes to sustainability – In order to reduce their environmental impact and reinforce its commitment towards more sustainable practices, Unilever has taken key steps across its personal care brands to use less or better plastic. This is done by saying no to bubble wrap and replacing it with sustainable eco-wrap for purchases from E-commerce platform Shopee. The company is taking this small step as they continue working with partners to optimize their packaging and further reduce plastic use.
In line with this, Unilever is kicking off their Yes to Positive Beauty Sale this May 17-19, 2021 on Shopee. Say yes to exciting deals, discounts, and sustainability! Unilever will be rolling out its eco-wrap packaging for orders with five items and above.
You’ll also be saying yes to equal opportunities and supporting small businesses through Mano Amiga, an organization that creates education and development initiatives to uplift communities in need. With the proceeds from the sale, Mano Amiga will be continuing its program granting microentrepreneurs access to necessary funds and training courses to help them start, sustain, or scale their businesses.
Shoppers can also look forward to the following during the three-day sale:
- Additional 15% off when you use the code POSITIVEBEAUTY
- Flash sales, with deals as low as Php 29
- Free stickers with every purchase
- First 500 orders with min. spend Php 1,499 get a limited edition tote bag
- First 400 orders with min. spend Php 1,999 get a limited edition bucket hat
A portion of the proceeds will help support small businesses in partnership with Mano Amiga. Join Unilever in saying Yes to Positive Beauty this May 17-19 on Shopee, and say yes to a new era of beauty. Add to cart and check out on May 17, 12-2am! You can find the Unilever Beauty Official Store HERE.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: