Starbucks has a surprise for us coffee addicts. It’s not coffee, but it goes perfectly with coffee.
- Top Pot is a family-owned business started by Mark and Michael Klebeck.
- Starbucks began carrying Top Pot doughnuts all over the US back in 2005.
- Top Pot Doughnuts are made the old-fashioned way — by hand, with very little automation to give you that hand-crafted look and taste.
Getting excited? I won’t keep you waiting much longer… voila!
- Glazed Old Fashioned Doughnut (topmost donut in the photo above) – This is a golden cake of a doughnut with hints of vanilla.
- Top Pot Apple Fritter (chunky hole-less donut on the left) – Hand chopped apples mixed with cinnamon and spices are cooked along with the batter.
- Chocolate Old Fashioned Doughnut (dark brown donut on the right) – The rich chocolate version of the Glazed Old Fashioned Doughnut.
All Top Pot Doughnuts are covered with their trademark “Air Sped” Glaze. I love these doughnuts. They’re filling, not overly sweet, and they have zero grams trans fat. They’re so lovely with a cup of hot coffee.
My personal favorite is the Top Pot Apple Fritter. It has a soft and incredibly chewy texture (the other two are more cake-like) so it’s really a pleasure to eat. Plus you can actually taste the apple bits, cinnamon, and spices. I rarely ever rave about donuts since most of them are so sweet that they give me a sore throat, but Top Pot Doughnuts are on an entirely different level. Yum yum yum! 😀
UPDATE: Top Pot Doughnuts launch date and locations can be found HERE.