I actually bought this Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner sometime last year after I took up Shu Uemura’s YUME Advanced Makeup Class. I fell in love with it instantly because it was the most precise and easy to use eyeliner I had ever had the pleasure of using. It’s my HG (Holy Grail) liquid eyeliner so far. I’ve used and reviewed a lot of good ones but so far this is the best.
When you buy it for the first time, you will have to get both the applicator pen and the “ink” cartridge.
You pop in the cartridge by pushing the side with the ball-bearing to fit the pen’s metal inner barrel.
The top of the pen has a “button” you can push to make more ink flow to the brush.
Lol. I think I got carried away trying to make sure it was going to write smoothly after installing the cartridge.
So anyway, check out how a bit of eyeliner on the upper lid can instantly make your eyes look bigger and more awake.
Here’s another. I did not put on any eyeshadow here, just eyeliner and mascara.
Does it last? Yes it does. This is a photo of me taken a full nine hours after I applied the eyeliner. It was the day I spent time under the sun on EDSA waiting for police to assist me because some maniac rammed his vehicle onto the back of mine. So yes, this eyeliner (as well as the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion I had on that day) has been stress-tested to the max.
What I like about Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner:
- It’s very precise, in fact the most precise one I’ve used. The brush tip doesn’t explode into an uncontrollable mop head. It retains its sharp and precise tip even after many many uses.
- It’s very easy to control so it gives you a lot of creative freedom when it comes to lining your eyes. Thick lines, thin lines, wing tips… everything is so much easier with this eyeliner.
- It stays on until you take it off.
- It glides on smoothly for a continuous solid line.
- It’s refillable. You just buy the refill cartridge when it runs out.
Downside? Well, it won’t write if your lids are oily so make sure you prime your eyelids properly before using. Then there’s also the price. At P2,250, it costs more than other eyeliners. That price includes both the pen applicator and the ink cartridge though and it’s refillable. When it runs out, you can just buy a refill cartridge for P1,250 (still a tad costlier than most eyeliners but I can live with that, lol).
The Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner is available at all Shu Uemura counters and boutiques (Power Plant Mall, Alabang Town Center, Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia, Rustan’s Department Store in Shangri-la Plaza Mall and Makati).
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: