I love beauty products. I really do. Whenever I go abroad, I always bring home some — anything from hair and skin care products to makeup! I used to order a lot from Amazon.com, but it’s not all that convenient because I usually have my orders shipped to my mom’s house in California then wait for someone to bring it back to Manila. Shipping costs from the US to the Philippines are prohibitive so it’s not really an option. I’m so happy online shopping is now considered normal in Asia! It’s so much more convenient buying from our Asian neighbors compared to Europe or the US. One such online shopping destination for me is Luxola (update: Luxola is now Sephora.ph), a Singapore-based online store which carries over 4,000 beauty products established back in 2011.
I received some blushers for review from Luxola a while back. I was excited because 2 out of 3 brands are not available in the Philippines! Here’s what I got:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher 4g in Heather Silk (P190.50)
- Sleek Makeup Sleek Blush 8g in Rose Gold (P494)
- Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush 12g in Paros Pink (P1,976.50)
I was most excited about the Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush (P1,976.50) as it was the first time I had encountered the brand and product. Mirenesse is an award-winning Australian company. All Mirenesse products are free from synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, alcohol, SLS, PG, sulfate, and petrolatum. I love the brand already!
Anyhow this is what the Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush in Paros Pink looks like.
It’s baked mineral blush. Baked cosmetics aren’t made of powder that’s pressed and compacted. They are in liquid form and then baked solid so you get less talc and more pigment.
Let’s give this a go, shall we?
Here’s my first swipe at the Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush.
It gives your skin a light, natural-looking pink tinge with a hint of shimmer.
Check out my before and after blush application photos. I think it managed to highlight my cheekbones quite nicely! 😀
I’m really digging this shade.
What I like about Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush:
- I love the smooth and velvety texture! It’s very easy to apply because it goes on light but you can easily layer and build just how dark you want it to be!
- You can use it as a highlighter because a thin layer of this blush just gives you a light pinkish glow.
- It’s natural looking and it lasts until you take it off.
- The powder is super fine so it’s just like second skin.
- It’s infused with botanicals, specifically Macadamia, Jojoba, and Rose Flower to hydrate and protect your skin.
- It doesn’t have any harmful chemical ingredients.
Downside? It’s a bit on the pricey side at almost P2k but hey, it’s a whopping 12g of product plus it’s mineral-based so the shelf life is a lot longer than its non-mineral counterparts. Plus it’s actually healthy for your skin! You know my weakness — I’m always willing to pay if it will take good care of my skin!
You can purchase this and other Mirenesse products at https://www.mirenesse.com/. Sephora.ph doesn’t carry the brand unfortunately.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: