I got a pair of Maybelline The Jewels by Colorsensational Lipstick (P399) for review late last year (I think it was around November).
I actually got it in two shades, Berry Brilliant and Fuschia Crystal. Since I have way too many half-used tubes of lipstick I decided to try just one.
I went for Berry Brilliant since I’m not really into fuschia.
It seems like a deep wine shade when you look at it from the tube.
Swatched on the skin, it doesn’t look as dark as its stick form.
It’s really more of a rich wine red when applied on the lips. I like how it makes my smile seem brighter. It has the smooth creamy texture of lip balm and the color of lipstick — perfect!
What I like about Maybelline The Jewels by Colorsensational Lipstick:
- It goes on very, very smoothly and easily — no tugging even on dry lips!
- The color pigmentation is excellent. A single swipe of this lipstick results in rich opaque color that completely covers your lips.
- It has a yummy fruity scent that makes you want to lick your lips, haha!
- Comes in six shades so you’re sure to find one that works for your skin tone.
- The color lasts. I applied it before going out in the evening and we had dinner in a restaurant. When I got home there was still a hint of color left on my lips.
- It’s affordable at P399.
Downside? None at all! Well, all the shades are all very vibrant so if you’re not a fan of bright colored lips you may not like it. This lipstick was actually introduced for the holiday season but I just got around to posting about it now.
Maybelline The Jewels by Colorsensational lipsticks are available at Maybelline counters at all leading department stores nationwide.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: