There are only five makeup products I can’t be without — foundation/BB/CC (any one will do), eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara, and lip color. Yes, I can actually do without eye shadow and the fact that I normally don’t have enough time to apply it contributes to that. Today I am reviewing yet another Happy Skin product — Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation (P999).
I swear I love Happy Skin’s packaging. The bright pastels and cute prints actually do evoke happy feelings.
The Happy Skin girls know me so well. When I attended the launch a couple of months ago a kit had been assembled for me and makeup shades were already pre-selected. I got Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Don’t Get Even Hydrating Liquid Foundation in shade 01 Soft Beige. I think it’s their lightest.
I’m loving the handy dandy bottle.
The product is dispensed via a spout. It’s very hygienic since you only squeeze out what you need. The rest of it remains untouched.
From my initial squirt I could already tell it was going to be a good match for me.
It really really matches my skin!
It’s exactly like my own skin, only better because it’s all even and bright.
I took the photo on the left at 8:41am, right after I did my makeup for the day. It was a looooong day, and I took the photo on the right at 9:51pm (a whopping 13 hours!). Not bad, right? My face, although a bit shiny, still looks relatively well put-together (not pagod-looking). I did not top off with powder, all I had on was Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation.
What I like about Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation:
- Given my penchant for lighter alternatives to foundation (BB and CC), let’s just say this product is about as light as CC (which is lighter than BB). I hate the heavy feeling of more traditional liquid and powder foundations because they make me feel like I’m wearing a mask. This doesn’t. It’s so lightweight it’s like second skin. It’s easy to forget you have anything on.
- It’s extremely easy to apply due to its fluid consistency. You don’t even need any special tools, all I used were my fingers. It spreads all over your skin like a dream.
- There’s no yucky makeup scent. I dislike cosmetic product which smell like those old school thick pancake foundations our mothers and lolas used to use back in the 70s and 80s, lol.
- It’s a hydrating foundation that doesn’t aggravate oiliness. It promises smooth and supple looking skin and it delivers.
- It’s available in four shades.
- The price is reasonable at P999 since a little product goes a long way and the performance is actually comparable to more expensive brands.
Downside? The coverage it provides is light to medium at best so if you need heavy coverage this product may just fall short.
Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation and other Happy Skin products are available at:
- Rustan’s Department Store (Makati and soon at Shangri-la Plaza Mall)
- Beauty Bar (Power Plant Mall, Greenbelt 5, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, The Podium, Alabang Town Center, SM Mall of Asia, Eastwood Mall, Robinson’s Magnolia, Trinoma, Ayala Cebu)
- Plains & Prints (Glorietta, SM MegaMall, Alabang Town Center, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Trinoma, SM San Lazaro, Greenhills Shopping Center, SM North Edsa, SM Mall of Asia, Robinson’s Galleria)
Don’t want to brave the holiday traffic? You can now purchase Happy Skin products online at https://www.happyskincosmetics.com/.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected:
[…] Foundation in 01 Soft Beige (the lightest shade among 3 available) for review some time ago. Now the liquid version of this is one of my favorite products so I was curious as to how the powder version would measure up. I […]
[…] primer, eyebrows, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipstick… incidentally, I used Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation in 01 Soft Beige […]
[…] done a lot of combinations and so far the best one for me is Happy Skin Insta Beauty Blur Cream + Happy Skin Don’t Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation. My skin isn’t that oily and so the mattifying powers of the Blur Cream needs to be balanced […]