I’ve had the Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk lipstick for quite some time now, but it took a while for it to become available in stores so I held off on the review.
The lipstick itself is so shiny and jelly-like. It smells like fruit candy too. I was actually tempted to eat it, lol. I got it in shade JPK002 Syrupy Strawberry Candy.
It looks a bit different under the fluorescent bathroom lights.
Our bedroom lights are yellowish so this actually looks more coral toned than it actually is. Took this photo before I got a haircut so the ends of my hair are very dry.
What I like about Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk:
- It smells and tastes like fruit candy!
- It practically glides on the lips.
- It’s very moisturizing. Your lips actually feel soft after you remove the lipstick.
- There are 8 shades to choose from.
- It delivers supreme shine. It’s so reflective it’s actually kind of difficult to take close up photos.
- Price is quite reasonable at P478 per tube.
Downside? It lives up to its name because it’s slippery just like jelly and can be hard to apply. I would suggest using a lip brush for a more precise and controlled application. It tends to slip and go out of your lip line if you apply it straight from the tube. Also, since it’s so jelly-like, the staying power isn’t that great. You will need to reapply regularly to maintain the color because it will transfer (a lot) on to practically anything that touches your lips.
Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk is available at all Etude House stores nationwide. Log on to http://www.etudehouse.ph/Pages/stores.aspx for a complete list.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: