Dona Elena is one of the pasta brands that I buy. I like their Lasagna. All the products in the Dona Elena Al Dente Pasta line is made of 100% durum wheat semolina, also known as hard wheat, which makes it easy to achieve the right level of firmness when cooking. Dona Elena recently added Linguine to this line. While all pastas have more or less the same taste and texture, how do you know which pasta goes with what sauce? Dona Elena shared a simple guide:
- Linguine is traditionally served with oil or cream-based sauces and light meats like seafood. The reason for this is its flat shape makes light sauces adhere better.
- Spaghetti can go with just about any sauce, but pairs best with silky sauces with chopped meat and herbs… like carbonara, bolognese, and alfredo.
- Fettucine’s thick and long strands make it ideal for soupier and thicker sauces since it can withstand a lot of tossing and stirring.
- Penne Rigate’s cylindrical shape goes well with sauces that have small ingredients like capers, nuts, etc.
- Fusilli’s twisted spiral shape is suited for meaty and chunky sauces like ricotta and arrabiata. It also works well with fresh pasta salad dishes.
- Lasagna is a type of broad pasta that come in sheet form. They’re meant to be baked in an oven between layers of thick meaty sauce and cheese.
Dona Elena Al Dente Pasta has a complete assortment of pastas so you can whip up virtually any pasta dish you can think of at home. Everything is reasonably priced and available at all leading supermarkets nationwide.
So which pastas do you cook the most at home? For me it’s spaghetti and macaroni.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: