Lip color is one of my few makeup essentials and I’ve somehow always preferred tinted lip balms to lipsticks. My lips tend to be dry and chapped and so using tinted lip balms addresses two concerns in one swipe: dryness and color. Here comes a product for those concerns: Burts Bees Lip Shimmer (P395).
I was super lucky have been given five (5) awesome shades of Burts Bees Lip Shimmer to try. Cloud 9, I tell you. Love love love love…. these were recently offered for sampling at Sample Room.
I use Burts Bees Lip Balms all the time. There’s one on my dresser and one in my handbag. They’re not colored though. This is my first time to try tinted ones.
Here are swatches of all 5 colors.
This is Rhubarb, it’s reddish.
This is Fig, I call it the MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade. It’s very natural-looking.
This is Raisin. I believe it’s the darkest of the bunch. As the name suggests, it’s on the plum to burgundy side.
This is Watermelon. It’s pink and I love it!
Last but not least is Caramel, a nude shade that just gives your lips a slight golden bronze shimmer.
What I like about Burts Bees Lip Shimmer:
- There are lots of colors to choose from! There’s one for every mood and desired look.
- They’re affordable at P395 per tube.
- I love the minty sensation!
- They glide on even dry and chapped lips like a dream.
- They’re all natural, made with ingredients like shea butter and antioxidant-rich fruit oils.
- They’re quite pigmented for tinted lip balms as you can see from the swatches on my hand.
- They give lips color and subtle shine.
- They’re perfect for daily use!
Downside? They’re pigmented enough to stain your glass when you drink or stain whatever touches your lips. It’s just like wearing lipstick except that it feels a lot better on the lips compared to regular lippies. They’re quite soft too, so exert mild pressure during application or else you’ll risk smooshing them.
Burts Bees Lip Shimmer is available at P395 per tube at all Beauty Bar outlets nationwide. You can also buy online at http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: