I’ve used a lot of BB cushions in the past but all of them were Korean. I was so so curious when American brand Maybelline released the Maybelline Super BB Cushion (P749). I’ve been wanting to try it so I was quite excited when they sent me the newer version — Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte (also P749!).
I got a box with Maybelline’s summer must-haves inside, namely the Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte and Maybelline Master Strobing Stick.
I gave the Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte a test run right away.
When I opened the compact I noticed that the cushion was very wet. If you look at the photo above you can see some of the liquid BB on the plastic rim. I was a bit worried that it’d be too wet.
I’m so glad they sent me the right shade, 02 Light. There’s a darker shade called 03 Natural which would work with most skin tones.
This is how it looks when applied. While it was a tad more wet compared to my Korean BB cushions, it has a light consistency that’s easy to apply, blend, and build. It also dries to a nice matte finish.
This is how it looks under natural light. Love how the shade matches my face and neck perfectly.
These are my photos right after application (left) and 5 hours after with no retouch (right).
What I like about Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte:
- There’s a cooling sensation when you apply it.
- It’s easy to apply and it dries to a nice matte finish. Don’t let the fact that it looks so wet discourage you.
- It’s buildable so it’s up to you how sheer or how heavy you want the coverage to be.
- It brightens skin.
- My face didn’t oil up and shine like a light bulb after 5 hours. I didn’t even retouch or blot.
- It’s cheaper than most BB cushions at P749.
- It’s lightweight so it’s easy to forget you have anything on.
Downside? It has a typical foundation-like scent. Sniff and you know you’re smelling some heavy duty makeup. This is totally unlike the fresh and nice smelling Korean BB cushions.
Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte is available at all Maybelline counters nationwide at P749.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: