Last December, I got a really lovely and timely gift from Maybelline Philippines. Honestly, I love Maybelline. Their products are affordable and yet uncompromising, delivering what they promise.
Anyhow, this gift was timely because I was cleaning out my dresser last month and I pretty much threw away all the tubes of used lipstick on top of it. I wanted to start with a fresh set of lip color for 2014.
One tube is this big. It’s actually a 3-in-1 lip product which combines the color of lipstick, the shine of a lip gloss, and the care of a lip balm.
I swatched all eight colors — from left to right: Pop 5, Glam 2, Pop 6, Glam 12, Glam 13, Glam 15, Glam 6, Glam 5. This photo was taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Here’s the same set of swatches. This time, the photo was taken under natural light by the window. As you can see, there really isn’t much difference with the indoor shot.
This has got to be my most challenging lip color review yet. I tried out all 8 colors in the same afternoon, lol! The colors are in the same order as the swatches on my hand. I can’t make up my mind which one I like best because I feel they all suit me! Which color do you like best?
Which color do you like best? It’s kind of hard to remember because it’s called either Pop or Glam followed by a number.
What I like about Maybelline Lip Polish:
- They’re surprisingly pigmented. I was expecting some translucent lip gloss-ish products but wow, these can be used on their own without lipstick. Each stick provides color, shine, and moisture to your lips.
- They’re pretty easy to apply thanks to the unique applicator tip which lets you outline and fill. The product glides easily on your lips too.
- They are scent-free and taste-free.
- You get both rich color and smooth glass-like shine.
- The product stays put so long as you don’t eat or drink and even as the shine disappears, your lips stay tinted with color.
- Your lips do feel moisturized as if you applied lip balm.
- There are eight lovely shades to choose from.
- They’re so affordable — only P349 per tube! I love it!
Downside? They’re not easy to remove. When I was trying to wash off the swatches, I used cleansing oil and the product still did not readily come off. I had to use an eye and lip makeup remover on my lips to remove the product.
Maybelline Lip Polish is available at all department stores and drugstores nationwide for P349 per tube.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: