Long, full, and dark eyelashes seem to be almost every girl’s coveted feature… not just here in the Philippines, practically everywhere! Once I was riding the train in Japan I saw a girl who kept on applying mascara all through our short trip. She did succeed in having doll-like eyes in the end so I guess it’s all good.
Anyhow, what I have here is one of Lancome’s latest products, Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara in Noir Intense (black). This is the travel-sized version which I won in Lancome’s recently concluded contest which I will tell you more about later.
Anyhow, I won’t bore you with shop talk, I will let the results speak for itself. Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara promises long, thick, and dark doll-like lashes and that is exactly what it delivers. Couldn’t help but feel like a real doll after application. 😛
These are my lashes after applying Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara.
What I like about Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara:
- Gives dramatic results in a flash. You don’t need to reapply endlessly.
- It really darkens, defines, and enhances your existing lashes. It coats and glosses for a doll-like effect.
- The effect is like wearing falsies but without the fuss of gluing and fitting.
- Dries quickly so there’s less chances of smudging after application.
- A little product goes a long way so you’ll really get the most out of one tube.
- It’s surprisingly easy to remove!
- It’s pretty heavy so it kind of feels like you are actually wearing falsies.
- You will need to curl your lashes really well or else the mascara will weigh it down and your lashes may de-curl.
- I find the scent weird.
- The price! Almost P2k for a single full-sized tube. I prefer paying for mascara than high-maintenance eyelash extensions so it’s all good.
Like I said, I joined the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes contest on Facebook and got a travel-sized tube of mascara as one of the runner-up prizes. The above photo was my entry but I used a different mascara for my contest look. 🙂