I had a facial a little over a week ago and experienced a breakout. It was bad skin day for several days and I hated it. It was during that time that I received Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream SPF 50 PA+++ in Light for review.
Kiehl’s is a brand I trust not to give me breakouts or negative skin reactions. At that point, I had trimmed down my regimen to cleanse and treat (+ eye cream) in order to make the pimples disappear. I wasn’t wearing make-up unless absolutely necessary.
Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream comes in a 30ml tube, which is about normal. BB’s are usually around 30ml to 50ml upon purchase.
It looks and feels kind of like liquid foundation albeit it’s lighter in consistency.
I did not want to use anything that could potentially clog my pores and hinder my pimple-fighting efforts that week so I decided to use Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream. It did succeed in brightening my face instantly and it covered the unsightly blemishes on my forehead.
This is me 8 hours after I applied Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream. My face is kind of oily and melty at this point. The big pimple on my forehead is starting to show a bit too.
What I like about Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream:
- It comes in four shades: Fair, Fair/Light, Light, and Medium. Most BBs come in only one or two shades.
- It’s free from harmful parabens.
- It’s free from silicone and mineral oil which can clog the pores and cause blemishes.
- It’s fragrance-free, albeit I felt it smelled a wee bit like honey.
- It’s formulated with Vitamin C which clarifies skin and corrects uneven skin tone. Extended use actually improves your skin.
- It glides on smoothly.
- It covers blemishes and unsightly pores.
- It doesn’t aggravate existing breakouts… it’s actually kind of soothing when you apply it.
- It’s buildable like foundation except it’s a lot more lightweight.
- It’s got SPF 50 so you don’t need a separate sunscreen.
Downside? It doesn’t really control oil and it’s on the pricey side at P1,995 per tube. It doubles as both makeup and skin care though so it’s worth the investment if it works for you. I suggest going over to the nearest Kiehl’s boutique and trying out their testers so you can find the right shade and see if this is the BB for you.
Kiehl’s boutiques are located in:
- Power Plant Mall
- Shangri-la Plaza East Wing
- Greenbelt 5
- Alabang Town Center
- SM Mall of Asia
Dropping by any Kiehl’s boutique entitles you to a free consultation and a 1-week supply of 5 samples that are recommended for you. 🙂
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: