I was introduced to Mustela a year or so ago by my sister’s friend. Upon further research I found out that it’s a popular brand in Europe, known for its high quality products for both moms and babies. Everything in their line is paraben-free, pthalate-free, phenoxyethanol-free, BPA-free, alcohol-free, and essential oil-free. Whew! Translation: Mustela is great for sensitive skin and our overall health!
Anyhow, since a lot of us these days are more conscious of what we use on our children and on ourselves, it’s the perfect time for Mustela to make its mark here in the Philippines. I’ve reviewed a couple of Mustela products in the past but this is the first that both my kids and I can actually use simultaneously — Mustela Cleansing Milk. It’s supposed to be used on babies’ face and body, but since the -ber months tend to dry out my skin, I decided to try it for myself too.
I was expecting the cleansing milk to have a thin, watery consistency but it came out quite creamy although it wasn’t thick.
Since it’s formulated for babies, I’m not expecting it to remove make-up and all that so I use it after I wake up in the morning. It doesn’t foam up and there are no suds, it does become kind of like milk when it comes into contact with water. If you are familiar with Physiogel Cleanser or Cetaphil, this is a similar product.
- The scent! OMG, they successfully replicated that cute milky scent you only smell on babies! My face and even my towels ended up smelling like babies!
- It has no harmful ingredients that may pose health hazards or irritate your skin.
- It doesn’t leave your face dry or taut… in fact your face feels really soft after cleansing with this.
- One bottle lasts a long time because you only need a small amount (similar to what I had in my palm) to cleanse your face. If you do decide to use it for baby’s whole body, of course it’ll go faster haha!
Downside? Of course if you’re wearing lots of make-up you would need to use a make-up remover first prior to cleansing with this… but then again the same can be said for other cleansers. Mustela Philippines has recently adjusted its pricing so one 200ml bottle of Mustela Cleansing Milk now costs only P360 — very competitive if compared with similar products in the market.
Here’s some more good news… if you purchase P5,000 worth of Mustela products, you get a bottle of Mustela Agua de Colonia for FREE! It’s alcohol-free and it has a fresh, light scent. Do you remember a cologne from years before called Angel’s Breath? This smells kind of like Angel’s Breath but less overpowering, more fresh, and more baby-like (haha I love the smell of babies!). I end up using it along with my daughter… if not more. :p
Mustela products are available at:
- All Rustan’s Department Stores
- All Landmark Department Stores
- PureBeauty in Serendra
- Numa Echo Baby Store in QC
- Ayala Trinoma 1st Level (beside Cafe Mary Grace)
- Robinsons Manila 1st Level Midtown Wing (beside Topshop)
- Glorietta 4 3rd Level (in front of Gourdo’s)
- Shangri-la Mall 4th Level (in front of Mothercare)
- The Shops, Greenhills Shopping Center (in front of Watson’s and Mary Grace)
- Alabang Town Center, Upper Ground Floor, Connector Mall (in front of K & Company)
For more information, check out Mustela Philippines on Facebook.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: