First of all I’d like to greet all of you a belated Merry Christmas! I couldn’t get myself to blog or go online yesterday because I wanted a break, hehe! I’ve been eating and eating this December because of all the Christmas parties and gatherings, not to mention all the food gifts we’ve been getting. Before I knew it, I was already feeling heavy and bloated. Controlled as I am, my body could no longer keep up with all that I was taking in. Thus when I was asked to try Detox in a Bottle, I scheduled it for December 20 — right smack in the middle of the holidays! I just wanted to detoxify so badly that I couldn’t wait until January to do it.
Detox in a Bottle is a cleansing program by US-certified nutritionist and weight loss specialist Nadine Tengco. Nadine is best known for her work as resident nutritionist in the TV show The Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition.
Detox in a Bottle comes in two formulas: Weight Loss and Cleanse. As you can see, I got the Weight Loss formula. Your daily cleansing kit includes 6 bottles of juice, 1 cleansing soup, and 1 digestive enzyme tablet. Organic herbs, spices, fruits, and vegetables are used for the juices and soups (ex: lemongrass, ginger, cilantro, parsley, wheatgrass, banana, papaya, cloves, turmeric, bell pepper, etc.). The cleansing formula is ideal for resetting the digestive system after unhealthy eating or drinking. The weight loss formula is especially developed for jumpstarting a weight loss program or breaking weight loss resistance. It contains twice the anti-inflammatory and detoxifying ingredients. I’ve sort of hit a plateau with my weight loss efforts so this is perfect for me.
The cleansing kit is delivered the day before you start your cleanse. The schedule goes like this:
- 8am – Bottle 1 “Energy Blast” Smoothie / 8oz distilled water / (optional) herbal tea or organic coffee
- 10am – Bottle 2 “Chili Lemonade” + Ground Flax or C-lium
- 12nn – Non-Dairy Soup / chewable papaya enzyme tablet / 8oz distilled water
- 2pm – Bottle 3 “Kidney Cleanse” / 8oz distilled water
- 4pm – Bottle 4 “Liver Detox” / (optional) herbal tea
- 6pm – Bottle 5 “Gingerade” / 8oz distilled water
- 8pm – Bottle 6 “Salad in a Bottle” / 8oz distilled water or herbal tea
So at 8am last December 20, I had my first bottle… the “Energy Blast” smoothie. It was breakfast, haha! It tasted like bananas. It was surprisingly yummy! I felt perfectly satisfied after drinking it.
As full as I felt after that first bottle, true enough I was already feeling a bit hungry 2 hours later. This is where Bottle 2 “Chili Lemonade” comes in. Before drinking, you are supposed to empty the attached C-lium packet into the bottle and shake it well. It tastes exactly like what the name suggests — spicy lemonade. I liked it though. So far so good.
Come lunch time, I brought out the packed non-dairy soup that came with the kit and heated it.
It has the thick, creamy consistency and orange-ish color of pumpkin soup. It felt good sipping the warm, hearty soup. My hunger pangs were kept at bay after a bowl. Then I took the papaya enzyme tablet. I neglected to read that it was chewable so I swallowed it whole with water, waaah! Don’t make the same mistake. XD
The soups vary by day:
- Day 1: Non-dairy Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Day 2: Roasted Bell Pepper Soup
- Day 3: Non-dairy Cream of Carrot Soup
What happened during the cleanse:
- I urinated frequently, at least 2-3x every hour or even more.
- Even if I wasn’t really eating anything for 3 days I had regular bowel movement and I felt like I was really emptying everything that was stuck in my digestive system.
- I would feel really hungry in the afternoon. I actually fantasized about food. The temptation to eat was sooooo great because I had all these Christmas goodies at home — Gigi’s Custaroons, J.Co Donuts, cupcakes… my scheduling was pure torture. I was told I can take a few saltine crackers, preservative-free rice crackers, or seaweed snacks if I couldn’t bear it anymore.
- I caved a couple of times due to hunger and had a few pieces of fresh kiwi. O_o
- I was able to work in the office while cleansing, I brought my bottles in an insulated container with ice packs. I think the fact that I was active and on-the-go while cleansing caused me to experience a greater level of hunger.
I weighed myself first thing in the morning the day before I started the cleanse and weighed myself again exactly 24 hours after. Amazingly, I lost 3 lbs just after the first day. I think the holidays caused me to bloat quite badly. I lost a total of about 5+ lbs after 3 days of Detox in a Bottle.
I noticed that after Detox in a Bottle, food that I would eat had a stronger and more defined taste. I think it’s an effect of cleansing the palate. The juices all taste good too, I didn’t need to chase them down with cold water and I could actually drink them slowly and leisurely… even the hardcore green stuff. During my first juice cleanse (another brand) I chugged the green things down like there was no tomorrow because I couldn’t bear to drink them slowly. XD
Detox in a Bottle costs P2,500 a day for the Weight Loss formula and P2,000 a day for the Cleanse formula. You do it for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 5 days. For orders and inquiries, please contact Nikki Angangco at 966-3393 or 0917-5556479.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected:
Hi I want to avail this meal plan for detox and weight loss. How does it work
I live in Canada.Can I order on line?
I would highly recommend this liver detox syrup to cure fatty liver.
Thank you for sharing such an informative content. If you wanted to know about the best liver tonic name in india you should check out this website.
Thank you for sharing such an informative content. If you wanted to know about the best liver tonic for fatty liver in india you should check out this website.