It’s summer again. Now more than ever I slather on the sun protection whenever I go out of the house. This is actually a very very late product review because I received this tube of Nivea UV Whitening Serum last year. I’ve been using it for months though and it has replaced my regular sunscreen during my normal (normal means just going about my daily routine) days.
Nivea UV Whitening Serum is formulated for use on the body. It’s got SPF 25 PA++ so it can actually double as a daily sunscreen. Of course if you’re planning to go to the beach or to go swimming in a nice cold pool somewhere I recommend a waterproof higher SPF sunscreen but for the daily grind (going to the office, driving around the city, etc.) this is okay. It comes in a 200ml tube and it retails for an affordable P219 per tube.
Nivea UV Whitening Serum is watery in terms of consistency, which is actually good because you can spread it onto your skin easily. It’s absorbed quickly too.
It’s virtually gone right after application. It’s light plus there’s no greasy or sticky feeling. I like it! Aside from the obvious sun protection, Nivea UV Whitening Serum is enriched with Licorice and Vitamin C so it whitens, brightens, and nourishes the skin.
What I like about Nivea UV Whitening Serum:
- It’s a 2-in-1 product which provides whitening benefits and sun protection. I need the whitening on my arms because I drive all the time and so my lower arms are slightly darker than the rest of me. I want an even color all over and so I’m partial to whitening products when it comes to my arms.
- It’s got SPF 25 PA++ which I find sufficient for regular daily use.
- It’s not sticky, heavy, or greasy so it’s perfect for the hot and humid summer season.
- It absorbs quickly so it’s gone right after application.
- I like the citrusy scent.
- It’s affordable at P219 per 200ml tube. I’ve been using it for around 3-4 months on an almost daily basis (on exposed body parts, so that would be my arms and neck area) and it still hasn’t run out.
Downside? As I’ve mentioned earlier, this won’t provide enough protection if you’re planning to engage in heavy duty summer activities like swimming or beach volleyball. Other than that though, I can’t think of anything negative about the product.
Nivea Body UV Whitening Serum is available at Watsons and leading department stores nationwide.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: