Yesterday was not my first time to attend a Havaianas event but it certainly was my first time to take part in Make Your Own Havaianas, also known as #MYOH2014.
…you tick your choice of sole, straps, and pins. You then hand this form to an assembler who will transform all the elements you chose into your own unique pair of Havaianas flipflops.
If you’re not sure which sole to match with which strap and pin, you can go to one of the roulettes and take a spin. It will show you how the soles, straps, and pins would look together.
I opted for a pair of Havaianas Slims since they’re more flexible and comfortable. My sole color of choice was Ice Violet and my straps of choice were silver.
While all this was going on, there was free-flowing food and drink. Lookie, Krispy Kreme donuts frosted with the colors of the Brazilian flag!
There was also a program with music, dancing, and an exhibition with a soccer ball.
Tadaa! I chose only one pin, a colorful heart, to put on each slipper. I find that keeping it simple makes it look more classy.
Even if it was the VIP/Media event that wasn’t yet open to the public, it was a full house! It’s definitely one of the biggest crowds I’ve seen in a media event.
And here’s my #MYOH2014 pair! Yes, you get a complimentary Havaianas bag like the one above with every purchase.
This is the price list so you have an idea how much to shell out. My pair cost P1,145. You can click on the image for a closer look. Slippers (soles and straps) are priced from P895 to P995, while pins cost P100 to P150 per piece.
If you’d like to make your own unique pair of Havaianas, head on over to the Glorietta Activity Center anytime from May 8 – 11, 2014. Entrance is free, pay only for the materials that you choose.
- Before you go, decide on what kind of flipflop you want… you have only 3 choices: Top, Slim, or Commemorative.
- Wear cool clothing. It gets really hot when there are a lot of people.
- Wear comfy footwear. You don’t know how long you will be standing.
- Go early. The lines get really crazy, although they have the most number of assemblers this year. MYOH veterans said that it’s faster compared to the previous years.
- Find the right lane — there are single pair lanes and multiple pair lanes.
- Each customer is allowed to purchase a maximum of five (5) pairs per day.
- Citibank cardholders are entitled to 10% discount plus they may opt for Pay Lite (3 months, 0% interest) or pay with points.
Have you tried making your own Havaianas? 😀
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: