I got this wonderful machine, the Lenovo Yoga Home 500, a little over a month ago from my equally wonderful Lenovo family. It couldn’t have come at a better time. Our daughter was moving on from grade school to middle school and my hubby and I were in the market for a home PC. We wanted something our kids could use for more serious school stuff.
Lenovo Yoga Home 500 (US$1,549)
The Lenovo Yoga Home 500 was launched last October with an SRP of US$1,549 (around P73,000). It hasn’t been released in the Philippines yet though. It’s a Multi-Mode PC — a desktop that converts to a tablet.
I unboxed it right away. It comes with everything from wireless keyboard and mouse to screen cleaning cloth to gaming accessories.
Here are the gaming paddles, joysticks, and a wireless mouse with batteries.
Screen cleaning cloth, power adapter, and power cord… check!
I love the sleek, slim, and lightweight wireless keyboard!
The wireless mouse is equally sleek, lightweight, and ergonomic.
This is the entire package — monitor + CPU which you can also use as a tablet since it’s touchscreen.
This is what it looks like from the back.
I asked my 11-year old daughter to set up the Lenovo Yoga Home 500. It’s just THAT user-friendly.
The kids tried out its gaming capabilities right away. The Lenovo Yoga Home 500 can run a multitude of games very smoothly. It actually got me playing the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG on Steam. It’s not surprising given the specs:
- 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor — it’s got a whopping 2.2GHz processing power!
- 1TB HDD with an 8GB SSD Cache
- 8GB RAM
- 21.5-inch multitouch full HD screen with LED panel
- Wifi, Bluetooth, and NFC connectivity
- 2 integrated 2.8W speakers
- 3 hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
We’re just having too much fun with the Lenovo Yoga Home 500! It’s even got pre-installed fun apps not just for kids but for the entire family!
My daughter and I were able to play a game called Halli Clack together. It’s actually for 4 players so if we lay the computer down flat on a tabletop, my hubby and son can join the fun. We can play board games on it and we don’t have to tidy up the game pieces afterwards — it’s so convenient!
What I like about the Lenovo Yoga Home 500:
- It’s lightweight for a PC. I was able to carry the entire boxed unit from the ground floor to the second floor no sweat. That said, I can move it around the house by myself no problem.
- It’s very easy to set-up out of the box — even an 11-year old can do it!
- The display is awesome… all 21.5 inches of it! I can work for extended periods of time on this machine and not feel that my eyes are strained. Everything is so clear and yet easy on the eyes.
- It can run on battery power for 3 hours.
- I love all the accessories that come with it! The wireless mouse and keyboard are so sleek, snazzy-looking, and ergonomic. They make using this machine a joy.
- There are several pre-installed free multiplayer games and useful apps (see photos above for a couple of examples). You can download more should you wish to.
- For all it can do and for its impressive specs, the price is reasonable at US$1500+.
Downside? It’s not yet available in the Philippines! This is such a great machine for computer-inclined families, I hope it gets released here in our country soon. It has actually brought our family closer together since the kids have been spending a lot more time in our room where the Lenovo Yoga Home 500 is stationed, lol!
For more information about the Lenovo Yoga Home 500, log on to http://shop.lenovo.com/il/en/desktops/yoga/yoga-home/yoga-home-500/.
Thank you Lenovo! <3
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: