There are very few makeup products that I find an absolute necessity and eyeliner is one of them. I can live without eye shadows but I can’t do without my eyeliner because I look sleepy without it, lol! So here’s my latest eyeliner discovery… Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner.
Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #1 Black Gem (P265)
So the newest eyeliner I’ve tried is not surprisingly a Korean one — Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #1 Black Gem. It’s only P265!
Love the way this pencil looks.
Looks like a plastic pencil, right? Actually you need a sharpener when the tip dulls and you need more product. I initially thought I could twist the end but no, you need a separate sharpener.
Here’s a swatch. Wow. Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #1 Black Gem actually reminds me of the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eyeliner in Jet when it comes to pigmentation… but this is 5x cheaper at P265 vs. Bobbi Brown’s P1,450.
Here are before and after application shots.
Here’s another before and after application shot to give you a better idea of its effect on my overall look.
What I like about the Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner:
- It’s super pigmented! I’ve tried eyeliner pencils which can barely write on your skin so this is great!
- It goes on very smoothly — no pulling or tugging against your skin.
- It’s versatile. It can be used for anything from a smokey eye to a natural no makeup look.
- It’s super cheap at P265 per pencil.
- I love how it instantly makes me look more awake and alert, lol!
- It comes in several shades.
Downside? You have to be careful about touching your eyes while wearing it because it can smudge. It’s also quite hard to remove. I used cleansing oil and facial wash to remove it yet there were still remaining traces of eyeliner when I woke up in the morning.
To get the best out of this eyeliner (minimize smudging), I suggest applying an eye primer and mattifying the eye area with some powder before application. Oh and keep your hands/fingers away from your eyes!
Pigmented as it is, it works when used as part of a no makeup look.
These are the products I used for this particular no makeup look:
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream in Natural Glow
- Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder
- Majolica Majorca Brow Customize in BR 660
- Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #1 Black Gem
- Etude House Play 101 Pencil #10
- Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector in 101 Natural
- Happy Skin Eye Am The One Holy Grail Mascara
- Shiseido Maquillage Dramatic Melting Rouge Lipstick in RS547
Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner is available for P265 at the Holika Holika boutique in SM Fairview and in the SM Beauty section of SM Cubao, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, and SM Manila. You can also order online from Lazada.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: