Okay so last Thursday night, hubby and I headed on over to Skinny Mike’s at Bonifacio Global City for the Smart Bro Quiz Night. It was the first Smart event I had ever attended, albeit it wasn’t really an event in the strictest sense. There wasn’t anything being launched and we didn’t really need to blog about it but it was a pretty unusual evening so I’ll tell you about it anyway, lol.
Call time was 7pm but we got to Skinny Mike’s at around 8pm because of the horrendous traffic. We were teamed up with the jocks in more ways than one — DJs Gino, Chico, and Delamar (who arrived much later) and athletes Phil and James Younghusband! The non-jocks were hubby, myself, and Colleen. I’m ganking this photo off Phil’s Instagram account. Our team name was TeamPura (Tempura) because we were all hungry and we couldn’t really think of one. Bongga I made a guest appearance on Phil, Gino, and Chico’s IGs lol.
Amidst munching on the endless platters of food that kept arriving at our table, small talk, and answering the weirdest questions ever, I’m happy to say I learned a few things:
- DJs are immortal. They HAVE to go to work even if there’s a supertyphoon wreaking havoc in the city. During typhoon Glenda, DJs Chico, Delamar, and Gino reported to work.
- There are only 6 days in a year when the Younghusbands don’t have to practice. I didn’t ask which days, but I’m guessing Christmas, New Year, Good Friday… no idea what the other 3 are.
- The Twitter bird’s name is Larry. Larry Bird. O_o
- Nokia started out as a toilet paper manufacturer.
- Clash of Clans is the #1 top-grossing app.
These are just the things I remember off the top of my head.
Now why didn’t we get any questions in the music and sports categories? We didn’t win but it was pretty fun.
Thank you Smart for adopting me for the night! 🙂
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let’s stay connected: